If you are a small business owner who needs a laptop for business and personal use, or you are a student who wants to get a machine at your university, if you are looking for a laptop that does accounting, analytics Be practical for business activities like invoice creation etc., then you are at right place
Unlike a gamer or designer, a laptop for a business student should not only have the latest specifications, but also include some additional features that are well suited for business-related tasks.
Who Needs A Business Laptop And Why?
A business student – you’ll be throwing these machines out of your bag into the desk and presentation room, which means they need to be sturdy without being ugly and heavy.
Small or Medium Business Owner – You will need a laptop to create invoices, print receipts, bookkeeping, analyze business activities, maintain inventory, manage online websites and more.
Home Business Owner: Running a Business Away from Home? Not only do you need a laptop for business purposes, but you will also need to rely on it (unless you have a strong name in the offline market) to gain customers.
EBay and Amazon Business Owner: Do You Have an eBay Store? Do you want to know the quantity of the items that were ordered and ship them accordingly? You can do these tasks on any laptop or smartphone, but why settle for any random laptop, when you can get one recommended by the top e-mail owners?
How do we choose
We interviewed 83 students from 41 different universities in the final years of our MBA and other business studies programs. We asked him about the things that matter most on his laptop, so you won’t have to go through the issues or problems that he faced.
Later, we discussed the opinion with 15 business executives who are part of successful small and medium-sized companies. By combining student and executive outcomes, we began researching laptops that met all of the above criteria and found 36 different laptops that matched them well.
Then we searched for some top rated eBay stores that had very good sales, we contacted 17 of them and fortunately 12 of them responded and after interviewing them, we found that their needs are on the laptop as well.
Now we started searching on the Internet to find out if the machines had problems like overheating or other issues that could affect performance. After watching 70+ forums and 120+ videos, we removed models that were not up to the mark, so you don’t see a shiny product in this list.
Top 10 Business Laptops [Student, Small and Medium Business, Home Business, eBay Stores]
The specifications of a laptop for a business student can match that of a mid-level laptop. However, it must have certain qualities to qualify as a business laptop.
Everyone has a different budget for a laptop, which is why we have divided this list into 3 parts, the machines which are classified between 1 and 5 are high value (high performance), which is 6 And between 8 they are of medium level. (Budget option), there are 9-10 inexpensive machines that can do commercial work.
1. Best Overall: Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5i 10th Gen Intel Core i3
Whether you need a laptop that you can take to your university or you want a machine for your small / medium business management purpose. It has everything that a business student or owner would be looking for in their machine, if you are looking for the best one then you should consider it without a second thought.
Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5i 10th Gen Intel Core i3 14-inch Full HD IPS 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/MS Office 2019/Fingerprint Reader/Graphite Grey/1.5Kg), 81X100NDIN
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i3 (i3-1005G1) | Speed: 1.2 GHz (Base) – 3.4 GHz (Max) | 2 Cores | 4MB Cache
- OS: Pre-Loaded Windows 10 Home with Lifetime Validity
- Pre-Installed: MS Office Home and Student 2019
- Memory and Storage: 8GB RAM DDR4-3200, Upgradable up to 16GB | 512GB SSD
- Display: 14″ Full HD (1920×1080) | IPS Technology
- Design: Touchscreen | 1.79 cm Thin and 1.5 kg Light | Narrow Bezels | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader
- Battery Life: 8 Hours | Quick Charge (Up to 80% in 1 Hour)
- Camera (Built-in): HD 720p Camera with Privacy Shutter | Fixed Focus
- Audio: 2 x 2W Speakers | HD Audio | Dolby Atmos Certification
- Ports: 2 USB 3.1 Type-A Gen 1, 1 USB 3.0 Type-C, Headphone/Mic combo jack (3.5mm), HDMI 1.4b, 4-in-1 media reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- In the box: Laptop, Power Adapter and User Manual
- Amazing Design
- Super Lightweight
- Performance: Excellent, bright.
- Audio: loud, clear
- Speed: Impressive. No problem with day to day processes
- Battery: Best with high capacity and does not heat (and has a protection mode via the Vantage app for better battery life)
- TOUCH: Very sensitive (as if I were using my Samsung tablet)
- Lenovo Pen – Responsive, with very low latency and good pen battery life (still showing 100% after 20 days of use)
- Fingerprint: Very sensitive and fast.
- Keyboard – Premium Feel and Clicky Keyboard (I like)
- Backlit Keyboard – Only One Color Available – (Purple)
- Charger – Comes with a 65 watt Type-C charger (but also has its usual old port)
- Try the Lenovo Vantage app – it has some cool features.
- Camera privacy shutter
Pen Placement: There is a pen holder which fits into the USB port. The problem is that since it is excluded, it may soon be damaged.
Hardcore is not good for gamers – it is mostly due to the processor and graphics, it does not support high-end games. But I tried some games like GTA and it worked very well.
Power button position: This is closed and the button does not look like it is long lasting
USB ports – 3 ports would be better – 2 on one side and 1 on the other. Here both are close to each other, which makes it difficult to connect 2 devices at once.
Webcam: This is not good. Supports 720p. The camera could have been improved (because now almost everything is done through these channels)
Ram is a solid state. It cannot be easily expanded / replaced.
2. Best Configured: HP 14 10th Gen Intel Core i3
One of the best i3 laptops in this range with sleek design. Despite using the body and chassis from the previous year, it still looks futuristic. A 14-inch laptop is perfect for professionals. Small, easy, light and good looking.
HP 14 10th Gen Intel Core i3 14-inch FHD Laptop(i3-1005G1/8GB/512GB SSD/Win 10/MS Office/Win 10/Natural Silver/1.46 kg), 14s-dr1008tu
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 Processor (1.2 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Operating System & Preinstalled Software: Windows 10 Home | Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 | In the box: Laptop with included battery, charger
- Display: 14-Inch FHD IPS micro-edge, BrightView, 250 nits, 45% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
- Memory & Storage: 8GB DDR4, expandable upto 16 GB | 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Graphics: Intel UHD Integrated Graphics
- Design & Battery: Thin and light design | Laptop weight: 1.46 kg | Average battery life = 7 hours, 3-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion Fast Charge Battery
- Camera & Microphone: HP TrueVision HD camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
- Ports: 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C (5Gbps), 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A (5Gbps), 1 HDMI 1.4b, 1 RJ-45, 1 SD card reader | Without CD-Drive
- i3 10th gen 1005G1: decent power for general use: Word, Excel, browsing, HD video playback, etc. bottom)
- Fast 8Gb 2666MHz RAM – Single channel with 1 free slot, so it can be upgraded in future.
- FHD screen is first class, color reproduction is good. Ideal for watching movies and TV shows.
- Backlit keyboard with average key travel. Good for everyday typing tasks.
- comes with Windows 10 and Office 2019 (digital license).
- Intel Core i3 10th Gen – Solid performance
- 512GB SSD Storage
- Elegant design
- Light weight, easy to carry
- Fast charge battery
- No DVD drive
- You only get a trial version of MS Office with a laptop, please confirm before purchasing
- Battery life is 5-6 hours, not a bad thing.
3. Best Valued : Asus ZenBook & VivoBook
ASUS VivoBook 15 Intel Core i5-1035G1 10th Gen
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor, 1.0 GHz (6MB Cache, up to 3.6 GHz, 4 Cores, 8 Threads)
- Memory & Storage: 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel RAM, upgradeable up to 12GB using 1x SO-DIMM Slot with | Storage: 1TB SATA 5400RPM 2.5″ HDD + 256GB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics
- Display: 15.6-inch (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920×1080) Anti-Glare Panel with 45% NTSC, 88% Screen-to-body ratio
- Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
- Design & Battery: 5.7mm Thin Bezels | Laptop weight 1.75 kg | Thin and Light Laptop | 37WHrs, Lithium-Polymer, 2-cell battery
- Keyboard: Full-Size Backlit Chiclet Keyboard with Num-key | 1.4mm Key-travel Distance | 19mm full size key pitch | 2° ErgoLift Hinge for a comfortable typing position
- I/O Ports: 1x HDMI 1.4, 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack, 2x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C, 1x Micro SD card reader
- NanoEdge Display
- Travel-friendly and incredibly light 1.7 kg weight
- Long Battery Life
- Intel UHD Graphics
- Fingerprint Sensor
- No – MS Office
- For gaming 2-3 hrs max
Commercial Laptops: Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is the best laptop for business students?
The ten models we have mentioned in the list are the best possible laptops a business student can buy. Budget-deficient business students can opt for models such as the Samsung Chromebook. Likewise, those who want the best can get an Apple Mac Pro or Huawei Metbook X Pro.
- What is the best Lenovo laptop for business students?
The Lenovo IdeaPad Flex is the best laptop for business students because it is lightweight, which makes it easy to carry, and is equipped with a high-end Intel processor with 16GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD storage.
- How much RAM does a business student’s laptop need?
Laptops should have a minimum of 4GB of RAM, and opting for models with 8GB of RAM will enhance the overall user experience. Similarly, you can also get high-end laptops with 16GB of RAM, especially for using applications like Photoshop.
- Does a business student laptop faster?
To get started on hardware, you need a quad-core CPU and SSD-based storage that helps the device boot quickly and load quickly.
- How many Gigahertz is good for a business student laptop?
For the business student a laptop must be clocked at least 1.5 GHz with a dual-core or quad-core CPU and an integrated CPU. Buying a laptop with a low clock speed can affect the overall performance of the laptop.
- Specifications of a good laptop for business students?
A good business student’s laptop should have a good screen, possibly with touch input, at least 4 GB of RAM, SSD-based storage, and be thin and light, making it easy to transport from classrooms to conference rooms. .
These are some of the best laptops available on the market that would be suitable for a business student. These laptops are in such a way that they offer almost everything a business student may need. Furthermore, these laptops are not so expensive and do not become a burden for business students.
As you can see, most of the models we recommend are based on at least 4 GB RAM and storage SSD with touchscreen. A business student can easily use a laptop based on the Windows, ChromeOS or MacOS operating system.
As mentioned above, a business student laptop needs to look good and it needs to be light. Similarly, you should not compromise on performance, as professional students use a lot of software to prepare presentations and write essays. If you are a business student and plan to buy a new laptop, any model on the list must meet all requirements.